| Join or Transfer
Aon KiwiSaver Scheme for Members
Frequently Asked Questions
|| Essential information for employees,
non-working spouses and children
The benefits of Aon KiwiSaver Scheme
Aon's KiwiSaver Scheme has been designed to look after you in many ways.
- Savings are invested with local and global underlying investment managers.
- A wide choice of different investment funds, so that you
can select the fund that best fits your needs.
- You can switch between underlying investment managers without changing
your scheme provider.
- Online access to your account 24 hours a day 7 days a week
to see how your savings are growing.
- Children don't need to make a minimum annual contribution.
- All members over the age of 18 qualify for the Member Tax
Credit of up to $10 per week , if they make a contribution of up to $1,042.86 per year.
- A helpline to answer all of your questions - 0800 266 463.
- A website with information about KiwiSaver, fund fact sheets,
return and forms
How KiwiSaver works
KiwiSaver is a voluntary savings plan to
help you with retirement saving.
- It is open to all people aged under 65 who are New Zealand
citizens or entitled to live here permanently.
- If you are eligible, you can open a KiwiSaver account by
contracting directly with a scheme provider, such as Aon.
- If you are aged over 18 and you start a new job, you will be automatically enrolled in KiwiSaver.
- If you are already employed when KiwiSaver starts, you can
choose to open a KiwiSaver account by completing an Aon KiwiSaver Scheme application form.
You can make regular or lump sum payments into your KiwiSaver
- If you are an employee, you can choose to make
contributions of either 3%, 4% or 8% of your gross pay which will be
deducted from your wages. Your employer will send these
contributions to Inland Revenue at the same time as PAYE deductions. The
contributions will then be passed onto your KiwiSaver scheme for
investment. The minimum employee contribution is 3%.
- If you are self-employed or not employed, the amount you
will contribute every year is agreed between you and your scheme
provider. It will be a dollar amount rather than a percentage of
income. There is no minimum annual contribution currently for the Aon KiwiSaver Scheme.
- If you are a child, you don't have to make contributions until you start working
- You can only have one KiwiSaver account. If you become
employed at any time, let your employer know if you already have a
KiwiSaver account. KiwiSaver contributions are deducted from your
salary or wages.
The benefits of KiwiSaver
You are entitled to all the benefits of KiwiSaver.
- A first home withdrawal and KiwiSaver HomeStart grant may be available with some
- For those over 18, the Government will contribute up to $10 per week, if you make contributions at $1042.86 per year, i.e. $20 per week.
- Compulsory employer contribution of 3%.
- Employer contributions will be taxable at each employees marginal tax rate.